I am Mr Benjamin M. Kitambo, a citizen of the Democratic Republic of Congo. I hold a BSc degree in Geology, majoring in Hydrogeology and Geotechnical from the University of Lubumbashi, DRC, 2014. I further pursued my Master studies from the University of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, where I obtained an MSc degree in Integrated Water Resources Management, Majoring in Water Resources Management, year 2017. During my MSc studies, I had an opportunity to be hosted at the Congo Basin Water Resources Research Center (CRREBaC), University of Kinshasa, where I conducted my field work and research for a period of six months in the N’Sele River Basin in Kinshasa for my MSc thesis, which was about “Estimation of erosion and sediment yield in the ungauged catchment of N’Sele River, The Democratic Republic of Congo,”.
After my MSc thesis I was nominated as an Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Geology, University of Lubumbashi. Meanwhile, I also work as an Assistant Research at CRREBaC, the University of Kinshasa under the supervision of Prof. Raphael Tshimanga. My research interest at CRREBaC involved new methods of data collection to improve knowledge of hydrological cycle, climate change and sediment transport in ungauged catchments of the Congo River Basin. Currently, I am pursuing my PhD studies under the supervision of Fabrice Papa in spatial hydrology at the university of Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier which is attached to the Laboratory for space geophysics and oceanography (LEGOS) where I pursue my research.
During my career, I also took place in international conferences where I presented my research works. This includes:
- Participation at the symposium held in Mauritius on Integrated Water Resources Management and Infrastructure Planning for Water Security in Southern Africa, organized by WaterNet, from 28 to 30 October 2015
- Participation at the symposium held in Namibia on Integrated Water Resources Development and Management: Innovative Technological Advances for Water Security in Eastern and Southern Africa, organized by WaterNet , from 25 to 27 October 2017.
- Participation at the 8th International Young Water Professionals Conference held in South Africa on Building Leaders and Making Impact, organized by the International Water Association, from 10 to 13 December 2017.
- Participation at the symposium held in Zambia on Integrated Water Resources Development and Management: Managing Water for the Future in a changing Environment in Eastern and Southern Africa, organized by WaterNet, from 31 October to 02 November 2018.
- Participation at the Fourth Space for Hydrology Workshop in collaboration with GEO Global Water Sustainability Initiative, organized by esa, from 7-11 June 2021