Basuti Gerty Bolo (PhD Candidate), is the Endowed Chair for Educational Technologies, a member of the Advisory Council for Online Learning at Africa University, Zimbabwe, a UNOOSA Space for Women Network Mentor, a Member of the Advisory Board for Spaceconnex, and Ambassador and National Point of Contact of the International Academy of Space Law (IASL) for the African Republics of Botswana and Zimbabwe.
Bolo's initiative aims at:
- Driving change on global resources monitoring and management, and finding solutions in managing on and off Earth environment such as land and water, for sustainable development using GNSS technology, Space science, Space applications, geospatial information system and technology.
- To get more women and girls to study the STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and to enter the space sector in order to drive change, manage natural resources and others resources that are linked with women and girls career.
Bolo has been working in the field of Space Science, Geographical Information System (GIS), Remote Sensing and Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Agriculture for more than 15 years.
Ms Bolo holds a:
- Master’s Degree in Information System and Data Management;
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Space and Atmospheric Science;
- BSc Honors Degree in Geographical Information System (GIS); and a
- Certificate in International Development Studies for NGOs.