About EO Browser
EO Browser is an open-source web-based tool for browsing, visualization and analysis of satellite imagery available at various platforms:
- Copernicus Sentinel-1,
- Sentinel-5P from CreoDIAS and AWS Public Dataset,
- USGS Landsat and MODIS data from CreoDIAS and AWS Public Dataset,
- Envisat MERIS from CreoDIAS,
- Proba-V from Proba MEP,
- VIIRS, CALIPSO, BlueMarble, Landsat WELD, MISR and ASTER GDEM from NASA GIBS platform.
The application makes it possible for anyone with Internet and web browser to find out, which data are available at specific location, instantly visualize it up to full resolution, perform various analytics (e.g. NDVI, NDWI, EVI and other algorithms, many of which are available on GitHub), compare data from various acquisitions, create time-lapses, export data for further analysis in desktop GIS tools, etc.
The ease of use and plethora of data being available makes it a great tool for non-experts to monitor the area in their neighborhood or on the other side of the world. Due to fast availability of data, often only a couple of hours after the acquisition, it can be used for so called OSINT (open source intelligence). EO Browser is also often used in education as it allows students to explore the power of Earth Observation data.
- Interactive browsing and visualization of global archives of various satellite missions
- Remote sensing analysis of the data
- Export of raster data
- Statistical analysis