The Global Framework on Water Scarcity in Agriculture (WASAG) will hold its 2nd International Forum with the theme "Making agriculture resilient for climate change: Water scarcity, an opportunity for action and collaboration" on 7-10 February 2023 in Praia, Cabo Verde.
The second WASAG International Forum provides the setting for developing collaborative actions as solutions to the increasing challenges posed by climate change and the resulting water scarcity, in order to make agriculture more resilient. The Forum aims to:
- Mobilize political commitment to accelerate strategic actions, including policies and investments for addressing water scarcity in agriculture;
- Formulate messages that will raise the profile of water scarcity in agriculture in the climate change dialogues at the forthcoming UN 2023 Water Conference and UNFCCC COP 28;
- Discuss ways of making the partnership more effective and impactful for the implementation of the new WASAG Strategy 2021-2024 and involving all partners;
- Share relevant knowledge and information on key issues and to network and to foster collaboration among partner; and
- Showcase latest technologies, practices, and products in agriculture.