The SDG Academy and the Stockholm International Water Institute have come together to offer this MOOC on some of the most important water issues. They focus on the key role water plays in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, not least SDG 6, about sustainable water and sanitation for all. The course intends to explain the global water crisis through linkages between water, environment, and societal development, focusing on how to tackle issues such as growing water uncertainty and deteriorating water quality.
At a glance
Subject: Environmental Studies
Video Transcripts: English, Русский
What you will learn
- The scale, scope, and challenges in achieving the SDG 6 , safe access to water for all.
- The issues of climate change and its influence on water.
- Water and sanitation for health, the food, energy and water nexus.
- The environmental, economic and social dimensions of SDG 6 and the critical role of water governance.
- The transboundary cooperation needed to achieve the goal on water.
- Lessons from concrete practices around the world through a series of case studies.