These training webinars will focus on integrating NASA Earth observations into water quality monitoring decision making processes. This will include a brief overview of data products used for water quality monitoring, an overview of aquatic remote sensing-specific criteria, methods and best practices, obtaining NASA Earth observation data for water quality monitoring, and practical skill building in image processing for water quality monitoring of coastal and larger inland water bodies.
By the end of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Acquire relevant remotely-sensed imagery and products
- Apply best practices for atmospheric correction to remotely-sensed images
- Evaluate the uncertainty of images by validating satellite imagery using in situ measurements
- Analyse water quality data using NASA's SeaDAS software and validate aquatic remote sensing data products
Level and Format:
- Three, two-hour webinars including lectures, hands-on demonstrations and written instructions to conduct exercises
Regional, state, federal, and international organizations interested in addressing water quality monitoring through the use of remote sensing.