About the GEO Data and Knowledge Week 2020
The international Earth observation data community is invited to join the Group on Earth Observations (GEO) in Beijing, China for GEO Data and Knowledge Week 2020.
For the first time ever, the GEO Data Providers Workshop and GEO Data Technology Workshop will take place together in a new format as a single event: GEO Data and Knowledge Week 2020.
Hosted by the ChinaGEO Secretariat, the event will focus on open data and ways to ensure that available Earth observation data and knowledge can support international policy frameworks including the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction and the Paris Climate Agreement. It will include a full programme of workshops, training sessions, EO site tours, and more.
Objectives of the workshop:
- Foster interaction within the GEO Community to facilitate collaborative approaches to address challenges and opportunities.
- Align through better interaction of GEO Work Programme activities the support of Policy (Decision Making) needs with a focus on the GEO engagement priorities: Disaster, Climate, SDGs with respect to data, applications, knowledge and existing technological tools and related gaps
- Showcase missing elements in the GEO Work Programme activities in terms of Data, Technology, Usability (Modelling - Policy) in addressing policy goals
- Demonstrate to GEO Users successful uptake by GEO users from the public and private sectors (how to boost awareness, facilitate use, etc.)
- Promote the Open Science approaches supporting end-to-end reproducible solutions and best practices in data sharing and data management
- Explore technological advancements towards open and reproducible knowledge (e.g. Cloud Computing, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning).
- Demonstrate the value of the GEOSS Infrastructure including GEO Knowledge Hub
Throughout the entire workshop there will be an exhibition with sponsor booths, poster sessions and training sessions.