The 2021 Conference has a number of objectives, which include the following:
- To bring into dialogue those organizations and communities concerned with water from different perspectives. There is a considerable benefit from such diverse groups working together to seek sustainable solutions arising from modern world challenges (climate change, population growth, and urban development, for example)
- To promote water awareness and foster innovative approaches to face the most pressing water-related challenges.
- To keep updates on global movements to address water challenges and identify modern tools and techniques for managing water resources.
- To bring together a diversity of communities of practice to explore opportunities for working together and with communities of interest.
Who could attend?
- Government authorities combining the experts of water and water-related issues as well as the financing/planning tracks
- Water resources management organizations and authorities
- Private sector with an interest in water issues
- Financing sector interested to invest in water activities
- Regional and National Stakeholder Organizations including Civil Society Organizations, Academia and Media
- International and Regional Institutions and Organizations
- Donor and financing institutions active in water sector
- Individuals who are interested in water issues
What will be included?
- The CWW 2021 will present multiple opportunities and events to promote and enhance interactions and knowledge sharing among members of the water community and stakeholders. These will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plenary sessions, Technical sessions, Side Events and Workshops
- Different Forums
- Round tables and High level events
- Cairo Water Competitions (Best Graduation Projects, Three Minute Thesis 3MT, Farmers Best Practices, Media Competition)
- Kids` Hub (Kids Lab)
- CWW Hackathon on Smart Irrigation
- Deadline for abstract submissions: March 16th 2021
- Online registration opens for participants: May 1st 2021
- Deadline for registration of participants: September 20th 2021
Water and Global Change
Advances in water management
Water and Society
Regional and Sectoral Cooperation for Water Security
Innovation in Hydro-Sciences